I suggest you ...

Make Chat Function Be "On" By Default In Everyone's "Options Audio" Menu

Nobody really knows that their chat is set to 0% in the options menu. So nobody is chatting even though the update came out that allows people to chat. Very frustrating. Give players a pop-up message indicating how to enable chat, because I do not think most people know it is turned off in the in-game options menu

105 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stozz_43Stozz_43 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
UkooLDoEUkooLDoE shared a merged idea: Make the voice chat option a deault feature.  ·   · 
PikrinPikrin shared a merged idea: enable team chat by default  ·   · 
xShadowxMarshalxxShadowxMarshalx shared a merged idea: to enable voice chat automatically.  ·   · 

18 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DanofBladesDanofBlades commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While we're at it, can we fix the issue with the noise coming from everyone else's microphones in voice chat? I'm tired of hearing every hiss and pop coming from every player in the room!

(I made a player voice suggestion with a solution to this problem but it hasn't gotten much attention. It's titled "Add a talk button for voice chat to fix microphone noise from other players")

• Rumpleteazer8Rumpleteazer8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this. For some reason no one playing this game has looked at their settings and realized that mics are now supported.

• pmoritapmorita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know I'm supposed to enable voice chat, but the option to do so doesn't seem to be in my audio menu. Is anyone else having the same problem? Any ideas what's going on?

• schmectorschmector commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is still an issue "gg".....where are you??? do you ever check the suggestion box anymore?!?! your gonna lose the last few of us that are playing this game online. is that what you want?

• SABRETOOTH1971SABRETOOTH1971 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are GG saying they want people to get use to it, like it's a scary new fangled feature? It's chat for goodness sake, a staple feature of 99 percent of MP games. People are more bewildered it's not on rather than it being on. It's pretty funny the excuse that GG are using to explain their reasoning. It makes me chuckle. Are GG going to turn the gun sound down by default on their next games so people can get 'use to it'. Madness. You make me laugh GG.

• CaffeinelolCaffeinelol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I read a thread about this a couple weeks ago and just now realized I hadn't turned it on yet.

• LoLskilled87LoLskilled87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please this is a must. It's so annoying joining random games and having to explain to my team mates to up their voice chat volume. No one is ever going to consider turning on voice chat. All games have it on by default and if a player feels anti-social or doesn't want to engage in voice chat, than that person will turn it off. Don't have it off by default, than people will think it doesn't exist. Have it on in all modes, on 100% volume. If a person doesn't like, they will turn it off. That's tradition and should be how Killzone Shadowfall is as well.

• LAILIELLAILIEL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GG should just add an entry in the manual so that everyone will know about voice chat AND will know how to enable it.

• My-zombie-phiLMy-zombie-phiL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more. Everyone I talk to loves the new voice chat and can't believe it's not enabled by default. I've actually had to message people on my friends list and tell them to turn it on because they didn't even know it was added!

Voice chat makes this great game even better and I know the developers over at GG put a lot of time and effort into this feature. To know that so many people don't even know it exists saddens me.

I'm not a programmer by any means, but I feel the easy fix is to do what this suggestion says and enable the feature by default. Those that don't like it will just turn it off, but the important thing is that they know it is there and it exists.

Feedback and Knowledge Base