I suggest you ...

Fix Grenades Colliding With Invisible Walls

Grenades tend to bounce off everything. Every wall and other player seems to get in the way. It's not that the grenade is hitting them though, it's the grenade bouncing off invisible walls. Instead of making contact with an actual wall, grenades tend to bounce off walls that you can't even see. Basically, if you throw a grenade near a wall, it usually bounces off it without ever making contact with it. This makes throwing grenades in close-quarters areas essentially impossible. Trying to throw them through doorways is also an extreme challenge.

488 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brandon_2535Brandon_2535 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
EvilSam666EvilSam666 shared a merged idea: Grenade launchers are broken  ·   · 
LoLskilled87LoLskilled87 shared a merged idea: Fix how the Grenade Launcher works.  ·   · 
DUNDEALDUNDEAL shared a merged idea: Fix the invisible walls the grenades always ricochet off  ·   · 
Shev23Shev23 shared a merged idea: Fix the under-barrel grenade launcher  ·   · 

38 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Karim17Karim17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"og_JoyDivision commented · December 30, 2013 12:49 am ·throwing grenades over downed players is also a problem."

I can confirm this. When I try to throw a limpet grenade over a downed enemy the grenade immediately drops and sticks to them.

I second this, happens alot and gets you killed sometimes, super obsessed with this game

• Bounty_VBounty_V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"og_JoyDivision commented · December 30, 2013 12:49 am ·throwing grenades over downed players is also a problem."

I can confirm this. When I try to throw a limpet grenade over a downed enemy the grenade immediately drops and sticks to them.

• TeradelTeradel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed.... I've killed myself several times already due to my screen showing I have a clear line of sight to throw a nade... and then it bounces back into my room or my face exploding and killing me. FIX INVISIBLE WALLS! :(

• YouShouldKillEmYouShouldKillEm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very annoying. If I'm looking through an open window, the grenade shouldn't bounce off the frame next to me. Almost impossible to throw into tiny vents and such from a distance.

• sergeantawesomesergeantawesome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While this has always been a problem, I just played a match in the Forest using grenades and the grenade launcher attached to the Rumbler. It was EMBARRASSING. I had chances to take out spawn campers about 4 or 5 times with them grouped about 3-6 people within kill range. It turned into suicide every time. I was out in the open and had nothing to hit in between me and them. Grenades would hit other players in the chest and do nothing. I would see the grenade switch direction mid air, bouncing off of the air. They would explode not even half way to my target, in mid air. I'm sure a lot have experienced this. I would say the failure rate of the grenade launcher is about 7 out of 10. And, amazingly enough, I could shoot it at a player about 2 - 3 ft. away and, if it didn't collide with an invisible wall, it would kill them and do no damage to me.

• AztecuAztecu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Extremely annoying. Its suicide in tight corners and isn't even accurate in the open.

• ZarraNZarraN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This hopefully something they already working on ... hopefully we can get some kind of confirmation.

• AirRideAstroAirRideAstro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Standing on the trains in The Station, the grenades will almost always hit the zipline above even if you aim well below it.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base