I suggest you ...

Assassination Mode

Why is this mode not in warzone or anything? I should come back!

309 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
EonSparkEonSpark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
swman5675swman5675 shared a merged idea: please bring back assassination  ·   · 
Holland_XHolland_X shared a merged idea: Put back the Multiplayer Mission: ''Assassination Defense''.  ·   · 
x-FiftyThree-xx-FiftyThree-x shared a merged idea: Bring back Assassination rounds! The best part of multiplayer from KZ2 and 3!  ·   · 
hsotnas80hsotnas80 shared a merged idea: Bring back Assassination Attack and Defend missions  ·   · 

19 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • fuzzy_bearfuzzy_bear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Assasination was the best round in Killzone 3 - less so Killzone 2 because of diffculty to survive because of insane spawn grenades. Addition of destructible beacons is a good middle ground (though to be fair I will always miss the game within a game action of physical spawn points being fought over) and so Assasination should come back. This game type probably encourages team work more than any other (people always seemed to always respond better to helping out in the past). Needs to be added into the mix for Classic Warzones online. Beacon safeguard wouldn't come into Classic Warzones so isn't a perfect replacement I don't think.

• TopsideKrackerTopsideKracker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the Beacon Safeguard comments. Basically the same thing but most people haven't played it yet.

• KillSwitch_BobKillSwitch_Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely needs to return in some form. Only thing is that the other team would have to be able to finish the target off when he/she gets downed.

• Delta_CanuckianDelta_Canuckian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Beacon Safeguard effectively acts as a replacement for Assassination. Additionally, I'm not sure how well this would work with the Teleport abilities the Scout and Support classes can equip. Unless those were disabled for just that round, I don't see it working.

• teiszlerteiszler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As WhiPWCC said, this is essentially Beacon Safeguard. It is the mission type in the recently created 'Like a Boss' warzone. Also Capture and Move is not readily available in any active Warzones, but it quite fun. Hopefully they will add an official playlist soon with all of the mission types. I have created one with all missions, 24 minutes, 24 players, but it is nigh impossible to get your Warzone visible unless you have some help from friends in playing it frequently.

• TruEveTruEve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beacon Safeguard is essential a more advanced version of Assassination. Problem is we don't get to play it often as it's not included in many warzones.

• Treal-SinceTreal-Since commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beacon Safeguard is the spiritual successor to Assassination. It's much better as well. With Assassination, picking a random player would sometimes hurt the entire team if the target was unaware, uncooperative, or just plain sucked.

• ChainClutchChainClutch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree, this mode shouldnt have been removed since it was in KZ2 and KZ3. although i think it needs to be altered slightly for KZSF due to some teleporting abilities...

• arakouftaianarakouftaian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was a great mode!..
    The adrenaline always hit high when you wherr the one or near to kill th one.

• Captain TomCaptain Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand why they removed this, and it is because you sometimes get stupid and aloof people as the targets who lose it for the team.

To counter this I propose they make it so the best two people on a team are targets (Or make it adjustable so you would have kill more targets). That way at least one of the targets will pay attention and play accordingly...

• WhiPWCCWhiPWCC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there is a mode, it is beacon safegaurd and most people haven't played that mode yet as I don't believe any official zones have included the new modes yet

Feedback and Knowledge Base