I suggest you ...

Allow downed enemies to be killed by taking a little amount of damage.

Downed enemies seem to just litter the battlefield as they wait for supports that don't come and situations where you kill someone at an objective and a min later someone revives them and they kill you. If you're already downed it seems a bit silly that it takes more bullets to kill you.

834 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
The_Kevin239The_Kevin239 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
The_Space_Cadet1The_Space_Cadet1 shared a merged idea: allow downed enemies to be assassinated  ·   · 
lDropDeadlDropDead shared a merged idea: Why Can't We Kill Downed Enemies in this Game?  ·   · 
lDropDeadlDropDead shared a merged idea: Can you Iet us finish of downed enemies?  ·   · 
Galaxy010Galaxy010 shared a merged idea: Allow downed enemies to be finished off  ·   · 

63 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • sergeantawesomesergeantawesome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IF this were to be allowed, then the revive drones would have to work almost instantaneously and not be spun around facing their reviver instead of the enemy.

• timakovtimakov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do not let us kill enemies, the weirdest idea.
    Now your team to win enough to play for the support class.
    Desire to continue to play less and less.

The worst Killzone multiplayer because of this.

• twistedblacktwistedblack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well I actually like the revive system but if it needs to be altered then how about only allowing support classes to defib downed enemies to kill them off without a chance of revival.

• ShadoSpawnShadoSpawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't emphasis enough how disappointing it is not to be able to finish a guy off when he is lying there still alive. Because SF is such a brutal and uber satisfying shooter, it is offensive that enemies are allowed to continue breathing despite having registered the kill. It's simple not enough. The pure joy and satisfaction that is experienced when you can finish a guy off as was the option in KZ3 make SF feel somewhat incomplete. Killzone multiplayer is a personal experience unlike other shooters - intense melees and punishing gunplay make falling enemies who can't be finished off feel inconsistent with the nature of the game. Please don't get me wrong, SF multiplayer is quite addicting pulling me away from the other shooters on the market, but as you know it's the small things that really matter. Please allow this sooner than later. You guys have done a fantastic job with the updates making the game better and better.

• sergeantawesomesergeantawesome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with kab99, and they added the option to suicide and respawn in the menu now. I think its fair the way it is now, the person being revived has an equal chance of dying just like the other players. If the revived person kills another player, thats lucky. I see it most revived people die right away again anyways. You can choose to respawn or accept revive anyway. Plus revive drones are really easy to take out, especially with the assault class stun.

• BrutalBawseBrutalBawse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The support class still has turrets and air drones so no it wont kill the support class.

• kab99kab99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disagree with this idea for the following reasons:
    1. You can shoot revive drone to prevent reviving.
    2. Accept to be revived can get you killed again during heavy fighting. Wait to be revived and no Support come to your aid and waste time. In other words, your choice on how to achieve objectives for both attacking and defending teams.
    3. Create incentive for both teams to use the Support class.

• harris_83_harris_83_ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. whaen i first saw that **** i coudnt believe it. it takes away all the realism of the battle, making the game feel fake as ****. don,t mention the hitmarkers you get by hiiting those zombies from a distance. you think that you are hitting someone but eventually you are hitting an immortal crippled *******.

• MesonicShadonicMesonicShadonic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I honestly don't understand why it takes more bullets to kill you. Even if things stayed the same and people caught on and dealt with it half the game would be of players shooting at downed enemies that miraculously can take 10 times the shots they could standing and fighting. It's stupid in general to have to waste 2 clips of ammo while in combat just to finish someone you already defeated. I'm ok with the reviving and stuff though it does have issues but most of all this is brings the most BS.

• SeeknDestroy1318SeeknDestroy1318 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is my 2 cents on the entire killing/revive loop

Cooldown is fine, they need to make the distance reduced, currently it can hit from 30m away, it needs to be cut in half at least i think this will at least force players into exposing themselves.

Also they need to allow for downing opponents with perhaps a 3 second buffer to allow medics a chance to "triage" and make a concious decision to go for the revive or clear the opposition nearby.

Bleedout needs to occur sooner currently i think a downed opponent can remain upwards of 10s before bleeding out.

Lastly NO NADE RESUPPLY and maybe 1-2 clips worth of ammo max. If this is done then ammo boxes need to become more prevalent by either having 1-2 STD supply boxes on a map per side or at least make the ammo box an ability available to 1 or both the other classes.

Basically revive needs to be rebalanced around those elements which i will list below

1. Distance
    2. Enemy downing
    3. Bleedout
    4. Downing protection time(to balance the change in revive distance and preventing balance swinging to much in favor of permakilling enemies with little opportunity to revive)
    5. Resupply limits.

In my mind the system would function simply like this

A player is downed they have 6-8 seconds before they are forcibly bled out by the game system.

A player downed has 3-4 seconds of protection in which they can't be forcibly downed by enemy fire(downing should be only allowed by shooting and not grenades perhaps).

After this 3-4 seconds window a player can be forcibly downed by fire creating a 4ish second window in which a player may get downed by enemy fire or revived before they are forcibly bled out and made to respawn.

If this is implemented it may not be even needed to reduce the revive distance because while a enemy may not be able to down an enemy for 3-4 seconds they can still destroy the revive bot which would give the enemy player to opportunity to run out the clock on a downed opponent where they are invulnerable to downing while still giving a medic a bit of distraction and time to close the gap and perhaps get in a last minute kill of the enemy and in the remaining time before the player is forcibly bled out to get in one last revive opportunity.

The gameplay loop would be a lot easier to illustrate with a picture but I think most people can envision this loop and see how it would balance both sides of the equation(enemy downing and ally reviving).

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base